1816 Dec 20
Agreement made at the Black Bull with John Greaves for a piece of land for a chapel at the bottom of his croft. 20yds in length and 14yds in breadth for £14. We wanted 18yds in breadth. Writings to be made in three months or fined £20.
1817 Jun 17
Mr Thomas Ellis laid the first stone for the foundation of the Methodist Chapel.
1818 Jan 1
The Methodist Chapel was opened by Messrs Brownell,Wood and Jackson.
The Sunday School was built next to the chapel. To the right in the photograph.
At a cost of £1,350 the Methodist Chapel was enlarged across the rear onto land given by John Greaves and soon after a house for the Minister was built at a cost of £800.
All the old Methodist Chapels are built away from the main thoroughfares.
After 25 years of planning and fundraising the new Methodist Chapel was built on the High St. This Chapel has now been sold and is currently private accommodation.
A Centenary Souvenir booklet was produced documenting the first 100 years of Trinity Methodist Chapel.
Ecclesfield Priory Players bought The Trinity Methodist Chapel for £6,260 and spent eight years converting it into The EPPiC Theatre.
This website has documented the subsequent years.